Selling DDP in the UK
Since Brexit, EU companies are no longer able to benefit from the EU’s simplification rules to trade with the UK. However, RMB has a solution which does not require you to establish a company in the UK!
By registering your company for VAT in the UK, we enable your company to:
- Import goods to the UK without paying import VAT at customs,
- Maintain your corporate tax liabilities in your country of establishment.
By appointing RMB as your VAT agent in the UK, your procedures will be easier.
Contact us today to find out how we can minimize the effect of Brexit on your business…
How Brexit affects your company
Depending on the nature of your business, you may be affected by:
- Customs tariffs and duties: you need to pay customs tariffs when your company imports goods to the UK except if goods are of "preferred EU origin". RMB can help you to solve this cashflow issue by asking for a duty deferment account for your company.
- Import VAT: All goods moving from the EU to the UK are subject to VAT on import. If your company is registered for VAT in the UK, you can benefit from “postponed VAT accounting” mechanism. This system is very similar to the VAT deferment account mechanism as we know it in France, Belgium, etc.
- Distance selling: The EU’s One-Stop Shop (OSS / IOSS) platform is deactivated in the UK. Similar rules have been put in place in the UK regarding distance selling. Contact us if you want to know more.
- GB EORI number: your company probably has an EU EORI number but you'll be needing an EORI number in the UK as well, if you'd like to import goods yourself in the UK. We can help you obtain an EORI number!
- VIES: The EU’s VIES platform is no longer accessible to check the validity of British VAT numbers.
How can RMB help?
Use RMB’s expertise to help you to decide which options are necessary for your business and your next steps. In addition, we offer:
- A free fiscal check-up of your business to determine your needs and compliance liabilities,
- VAT compliance services for companies that would like to trade in the UK,
- GB EORI number registration,
- VAT registration,
- Establishment of “designated exporter of records” in the EU for companies non-established in the EU that need to export their goods (back) to the UK.
Contact us today to find out how you can minimize the effect of Brexit on your business…