Reverse charge mechanism for VAT due on imports since January 1st 2022
We are delighted to share with you the recording of the webinar organised by the French-Belgium-Luxembourgish Chamber of Commerce and presented by RMB that took place on January 26th. This session focused on the Generalization of the reverse charge mechanism for VAT due on imports since January 1st 2022.
Thank you all who attended and don't hesitate to reach out to us for more information on this matter.
Focus of the Webinar :
Since January 1, 2022, the VAT due on imports is no longer collected by the French customs authorities but is automatically reverse-charged on the importer's French VAT declaration. Import VAT is no longer paid to French customs agents, therefore avoiding sometimes costly and painful processes for customs goods clearance in France.
Companies eligible for the import VAT reverse charge mechanism are:
– French companies that automatically benefit from the reverse charge of import VAT,
– Foreign companies that need to have a French VAT number in order to import products into France from a country outside the EU.
In addition to the disappearance of the import VAT advance during customs clearance, many consequences now impact the VAT reporting process for companies:
– Pre-filling of the French VAT declaration by the French tax authorities,
– Necessary verification of import operations with customs authorities,
– Correct reverse charge of VAT due on importation on the French VAT declaration,
– Mandatory French VAT registration for foreign companies.
This webinar is in French. If you would like an english version you can view the recording of our english webinar "RMB Talks: Reverse charge on import VAT mandatory in France from January 2022" that took place on January 19th.